I love driving – I really do. I like to just get into the car and drive somewhere . . . some people would say that I have a gas butt. But I come by that honestly – my mom is the exact same way.
But there are quite a few things that bother me whilst I’m out driving. Below are a few of them.
- Driving UNDER the speed limit is just as dangerous to me as driving over the speed limit. Seriously. The speed limit is there for a reason. Don’t go too slow, don’t go too fast, and we should all be happy. I’ve had people speed by me in a 55 speed limit zone going probably 70 or 75. But on the other side, I’ve also gotten behind some people in the same 55 speed limit zone that were going only 35-40. SO not smart.
- Get off your cell phone. There is no call that important that you have to talk on the phone while you’re driving. It obviously gets you distracted from the road and what you’re doing.
- Which brings me to TEXTING WHILE DRIVING! What the heck? When did humankind get so stupid that they think that texting while driving is a smart, or safe, thing to do? And guess what? Sitting at the red light texting is really, really stupid, too. Again, nothing is that important that you have to risk your life to do it. No person is that important, no text is that important, no call is that important. Just leave your phone in your purse, or your pocket, until you’re safely pulled off the road, or at your destination. Don’t take your life and other’s into your own hands.
- Wanna know a secret? EVERY car is made with turn signals. So use them. I know that your car HAS a turn signal . . . so use it so that I know when you’re going to be slamming on your brakes to make your turn.
- If I get to the four-way stop before you, *I* get to go first even if you think you’re better than me because you own a car that cost at least 3 times as much as mine. It’s called taking turns – you should’ve learned that as a child. And if not, learn it now.
There ya have it ^^ – my driving pet peeves. Do you have any driving pet peeves that I am forgetting? I’m SURE that I have more…but these just happened to me in the last few days and are fresh in my mind.